This is from a Compare accounting software: Quickbooks, MYOB, Sage, Xero. The linked original looks much better, expecially since the details of sections only open when clicked.
We are a team of over 100 people who love creating better ways of doing business. But you probably still have a few hard hitting questions before you switch. We're glad you asked.
How safe are my accounts? Have you ever lost any data?
Our software has never been breached and we have never lost any customer data. We’ve invested millions to protect your sensitive financial information. We continue to invest heavily, protecting against unauthorized access and system failures.
We provide a level of security and data protection no small business could ever afford to maintain for their own systems – yet Xero is available at a low monthly cost.
- Our banking partners require us to maintain security measures that meet their high standards
- We operate multiple redundant servers at tier-one data centers, guarded 24/7/365
- We run offsite backups nightly, full backups weekly and transaction log backups of our database every 10 minutes so we can immediately recover your data if necessary (we have never needed to, but we practice regularly)
- Our security partners continually audit our security with penetrative testing, unannounced and deliberate attacks to measure our vulnerability to outside hackers
- As a publicly listed company, Xero is subject to full audit scrutiny of all systems
Who are you? How long have you been around? Are you here to stay?
Xero is a publicly listed company that was founded in 2006. We’ve raised $50M in funding to make sure we can thoroughly serve our customers around the world, long into the future.
If you compare Xero to the existing accounting software companies like Intuit, Sage or MYOB, they’re too big and too slow to respond to customer needs and changes in technology. On the other hand, tiny startups are too small to support a comprehensive product with customers all over the world. Xero is designed to sit in the sweet spot: big enough to build and support an outstanding product, yet nimble enough to deliver innovative features that respond to your changing needs.
- We have over 100 developers, designers, and support people to deliver a comprehensive accounting product that’s smart, reliable and easy to use
- Raised $50M from shareholders and strategic investments by industry leaders Craig Winkler, Sam Morgan and Peter Thiel
- Our board and management team have a proven track record of building highly successful businesses
- We are a global company with teams in New Zealand, England, Australia and America
Give me some references: Who do I trust that trusts you?
There’s a good chance you’re connected to someone who uses and loves Xero. We have thousands of customers in every corner of the globe. Everyday our customers express joy and gratitude for the way Xero has made their life so much easier.
See who you know and what they have to say about Xero.
Customers are the best way to measure a product’s reputation, but our partners are also extremely well respected.
- We have an extensive (and growing) directory of top accountants and bookkeepers from around the world who are certified Xero experts
- We have partnerships with leading banks, telcos and technology firms around the world (such as ANZ, BT, Microsoft)
- Xero continuously wins highly prestigious awards, including multiple consecutive Webby Awards
- Major investors in technology and finance have rigorously analyzed Xero and invested in the company, including Peter Thiel, Craig Winkler and Sam Morgan.
How good is your support? When I have questions at 3am will you be there?
Xero provides unlimited free email support. We have customer care teams in New Zealand, the UK and Australia. This geographical and time zone spread provides customers with around the clock coverage.
Ultimately, the best support is none – when the product is so good, you don’t need help to use it. In a typical day, less than 1% of customers need to contact support.
- Unlimited free email support with around the clock coverage
- Our Help Center is comprehensive, customized for all the different regions we support, and continuously updated
- We also monitor and provide support through multiple social networks including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Customers are not locked into a contract, we have to earn your love every month
Why should I bother switching? What's so wrong with what I've got?
Traditional accounting software requires too much time and effort, which doesn’t add value, and takes the fun out of being in business.
Online accounting fundamentally changes how you work. Automated data feeds from your bank and your business network let you manage cashflow in real-time. The ability to collaborate with your team and advisors, anytime, from anywhere, will transform your business.
Common problems with most accounting software
- Too complicated – it’s hard to get data in and out
- Too confusing – it’s not clear what to do and how to do it
- It’s never up-to-date – the data in the system is not current
- It only works on one computer
- Only one person can use it - key people can’t access financial and customer details
- Getting data to/from advisors is difficult, causing errors and delays
- It’s expensive and complicated to keep backups (if done at all)
- It’s expensive, complicated and time consuming to upgrade the software
- Customer support is unhelpful, expensive and slow
Xero makes it easy to stay on top
- Our customers have real-time access to their current financial position – a serious competitive advantage, by any measure.
- Xero is designed to simplify and automate small business management, while making it easy to collaborate online with your team and your advisors.
- Xero can be used by any authorized user on any system – Mac, Windows, iPhone, Android, Blackberry.
- Since Xero runs online, you don’t have to worry about installing software or storing backups – that’s all done for you automatically, for free.
- Every 3-6 weeks we release innovative new features and enhancements based on ideas from our customers. We design and deliver features at a pace and a quality that’s unrivaled.
- Xero is available at a low monthly cost, so there are no hidden charges or surprise expenses. Even our renowned customer support is freely available around the clock.
- All businesses update their systems when there’s a better technology, better design or better support available. Xero exceeds at delivering all those benefits.
These are the top reasons customers say they love Xero...
- Automated daily bank feeds
- Fast, simple and customized invoicing
- Available anytime you're online, from anywhere
- Work together as a team on financials
- Safe and secure
- Smart reports with quick links to the source transactions
- Dashboard gives a clear financial overview
- Awesome support at no additional cost
- No installation or IT maintenance required
- Pay as you go and no up-front costs
Had a client today whose motherboard has exploded and cannot access a TAS back up... If only they were online using xero!!! @bussdean on Twitter
I do like it when you can quickly get to someone who knows what they're talking about. Well done to @xero's customer support. @adthrelfall on Twitter
first difference between xero and quickbooks. Xero helps you understand what the hell you're doing. #accounting #newb #xero #quickbooks @tant42 on Twitter
@itsgoodcents I used QB for a long time but enjoy the simplicity of @xero that fits a small service professional Co. Most of @cowork uses it @jaminjantz on Twitter
Once again wasting hours of life dealing with Quickbooks. There's a quick fix... control panel > uninstall. Then go get an @xero account @danzitting on Twitter
@Xero @paycycleaus thankful to be 100% Xero -main office computer crashed but with everything online = no data loss & no downtime! @fivewayscharter on Twitter
@Xero I've been using Xero for about 2 years! Great product! Saves us tons of time! I've recommended you to lots of people :) @Christduk85 on Twitter
delighted with @xero's customer service helping @WikiJob again - well done! @christmuktar on Twitter
@saschav MYOB is a waste of time. Seriously. I changed a few months ago to @Xero and it's bliss. It makes sense and is a joy to use. Do it. @ryanyouens on Twitter
@xero Loving www.xero.com (never thought I'd say that about an accounting system). You have made my life so much easier! @SaschaV on Twitter
@Xero @Saschav Moved from myob to xero 11 mths ago. transformed the business, more transparency, better cashflow, move to the cloud! Now!