QuickBooks users everywhere contact my Best QuickBooks CPA (sorry, search engine repetition) Fort Lauderdale office for economical QuickBooks CPA and tax help
Here are some of the credentials of the best QuickBooks CPA:
- I adopted Quicken, QuickBooks and TurboTax/ProSeries as soon as Intuit released them.
- 11 years as a real Intuit (QuickBooks) insider.
- Intuit CEO Brad Smith: You’re fantastic Mike. Absolutely fantastic!
- Brad often answered my many emails in minutes, even on Sundays. He even apologized when travel made him delay replies, especially if it it involved international emails.
- Former Intuit CEO Steve Bennett: Keep raising hell when Intuit does something wrong!
- “…told by many Intuit executives … that you have been quite open to taking the time to assist Intuit, are a tremendous voice of reason and are one of our most impactful and innovative Professional Advisors.”
- Intuit Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor since inception (uncertified QuickBooks ProAdvisors simply pay Intuit for a title, wasting your money. Note: CPA tests ignore QuickBooks).
- Got Certified ProAdvisor tests upgraded to CPA standards.
- First Intuit website QuickBooks blog by a non-Intuit employee.
- Three time Intuit QuickBooks Ask the Expert, mainly for Speeding up QuickBooks.
- Won #1 Top Tester prizes for pre-release testing of QuickBooks 6 and 99. For 99, had 412 points, compared to 215 for the #2 tester. Intuit no longer tracks test points, at my suggestion (I felt my results discouraged other testers), though it later gave me more Top Tester awards.
- QuickBooks errors expert - On 7/28/11 Google had 272,000 links to web pages with QuickBooks errors and Mike Block or BlockTax.
- Two Blocktax web pages copied to Intuit QuickBooks Community web library.
- Charter member of Intuit QuickBooks and Tax Advisory Councils.
- Got Intuit to go from being actively hostile to QuickBooks add-ons (a term I coined) to making it their #1 company goal. There are now nine million web links to QuickBooks add-ons. Some are sure to save you time and money, while increasing accuracy,so you may not outgrow QuickBooks.
- Two Intuit websites created at my request. For the amazing story about the first of these, see How should Intuit Change?
- Got tech-support backed user-to-user forums, for faster and better QuickBooks answers, with 14% fewer total employees.
- The first non-Intuit employee to write a blog on an Intuit website.
- Got the Intuit CEO to push a bug fix that broke a friend's QuickBooks add-on. This took less than 5 days (counting the weekend and the friend's tests), during the week before Christmas.
- In 2004, top Intuit execs had their top bank and credit card download person contact me for a very long call. He thought these were very good ideas, but QuickBooks still does not use them:
- Automatically download all bank, credit card and other financial institution account transactions with one click, instead of having us wait on each monthly download from each account (Quicken does this now).
- Let us automatically schedule downloads monthly, weekly, daily or nightly, as desired.
- Use the QuickBooks - Dun & Bradstreet relationship (a credit application for QuickBooks) so we do not have to enter most account information when setting up QuickBooks or adding new account downloads. D&B has lots of information that we could see, select and import instead.
- Test the bank, credit card and financial institution login information we provide overnight, instead of having us wait for each result.
- Aaron Patzer founded Mint.com in March 2006, frustrated by the difficulty of Intuit's Quicken. The big Quicken - Mint difference is Mint's automatic nightly downloads of all bank, credit card and other financial institution account transactions, which I wanted two years earlier.
- Intuit bought Mint in 2009 for $170 million. Intuit at first promised and easy Quicken Online to Mint transfer, but soon shut down Quicken Online without providing one. Therefore, not acting on my suggestion cost Intuit almost $170 million, upset many Quicken Onlines users and helped end my QuickBooks insider relationship.
- ProSeries (TurboTax):
- My repeated ProSeries beta tests included the year when I was the first and only tester, due to my direct contact with Intuit's CEO.
- I told Intuit to buy the company that created the first professional 1040 scan and fill program, to automate professional tax filing. CCH bought them instead.
- I was the first alpha tester of the ProSeries scan and fill program. I felt that its overly long-delayed final version was a worthless third-party app, requiring separate file uploads and downloads for each client, after a wait of hours.
- This made me go to ATX, a CCH subsidiary, to get the program I told Intuit to buy many years earlier.
- More than 10,000 mainly QuickBooks newsgroup and forum answers.
- Featured in CNET story [This major victory for consumers of Intuit's financial products was almost certainly caused by a gigantic hue and cry in the Internet discussion group known as "biz.comp.accounting." Block, the owner of a Florida tax consultancy, BlockTax (no relation to H&R Block), is the moderator of the discussion group and led the battle against the new fees]. You also can see this in Wikipedia for QuickBooks - Criticims [The 2000 version of QuickBooks tried to force users to pay an additional fee for payroll tax updates for each company file, but a QuickBooks boycott got this to be one charge per copy of QuickBooks..
- Accounting Technology Magazine cover, Secrets of Outsourcing
(Accounting Today website).
- PC Magazine cover story cover story, Online and On the Money,
followed by No NetSuite – PC Magazine Cover Story.
- Business Week story, How Software Services Stack Up.
- Co-organize and lead the South Florida QuickBooks Meetup, the oldest and second largest.
- Florida State Board of Accountancy: The people of Florida owe you a debt of gratitude (for my IGBE work, a major ponzi scheme).
- Former elected Fort Lauderdale – Hollywood County Port Commission (gave back salary).
- Tax Cap petition leader (11 years) – changed the Florida Constitution, election laws and national petition practices.
- Successfully argued a tax limit petition I wrote before the Florida Supreme Court.
- Gave key election law and petition testimony to a Federal District Court. Colorado's Attorney General called Buckley v. American Constitutional Law Foundation, "one of the most important First Amendment cases decided in this decade" before losing in the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Led effort to get Sen. Chiles to vote for the Balanced Budget Amendment. Chiles said, “Now get Block off my back,” when his vote change almost passed this badly needed Amendment.
- Three years on the Florda Bar Association Grievance Committee.
- Very extensive experience:
- Preparing federal, state and local tax returns in many states, for small and large companies, as well as fighting related tax exams and extra tax proposed.
- Small - medium business tax cuts for civil litigation, construction, professionals, real estate, restaurants, trust accounting/exams and technology.
- I was one of the first to use Quicken and QuickBooks exclusively, starting 28 years ago. I still spend most of my time using and teaching QuickBooks and correcting QuickBooks errors. However, thanks to the best profesional teacher of QuickBooks CPAs, I found, "Xero, the future of accounting!"
- Many things make Xero revolutionary, but most important are the QuickBooks, Quicken - Mint differences that I discussed with top Intuit execs in 2004. These were the automatic nightly downloads of bank, credit card and other financial institution account transactions, which made Intuit buy Mint in 2009, for $170 million. Despite this, QuickBooks desktop still does not have this in 2012. I previously said the delay probably related to monopoly fears, based on Intuit insider knowledge.
- I quickly became the #1 or #2 CPA for Xero (List View), in terms of the number of clients I had using it. We increased these by 156% in July 2012, but larger firms later discovered Xero.
This is only a partial list of my credentials, so it is an understatement to say that these are the credentials of the best QuickBooks CPA and the best Xero CPA. Please contact the best QuickBooks - Xero CPA now, for a free initial review and QuickBooks help.
I now own QuickBooksXero.com, WhyXero.com and otherXero domains.